Mixing CBD and Coffee is becoming more and more popular amongst CBD users but, why?
We can imagine a lot of sceptics would think ‘ugh.. another out there CBD product..’ and without understanding how the combination works, we understand why. The truth is CBD and coffee go hand in hand due to CBD counter-acting the overstimulation which can be caused by coffee; jitteriness being one of many examples…
Would You Try The CBD Coffee Combo?
Coffee is by far one of the most popular forms of natural stimulants with around 2 billion cups being brewed around the world every day! We aren’t sure if we’re surprised or not.
Caffeine the active ingredient in coffee and when used in moderation it enhances our productivity throughout the day. In this hyper-paced world, we live in it’s basically apart of almost everyone’s morning routine.
The question is, how much is too much? When does it become detrimental to health, is it addictive and what are the side effects?
Sides Effects of Too Much Caffeine
We believe we’ve all been in a situation when we’ve had a bit too much caffeine. Some of the classic side effects are jitters, racing mind, rapid heartbeat and palpitations.
These side effects can completely flip the reason for drinking coffee on its head and make us less productive. This is where CBD comes in to play by lessening the aforementioned effects.
How to Mix Your Own CBD Coffee
Now we know a bit more about the CC combo, what are the best ways to mix them?
CBD-infused Bulletproof Coffee
- 225mg fresh coffee
- 1 rounded teaspoon of grass-fed butter
- 1 rounded teaspoon of organic coconut oil — If you prefer, you can use MCT oil instead.
- 1/2 dropper CBD oil — This equals about 15 drops.
- Optional Ingredients: If you’re feeling extra creative, try adding some sweeteners, dark chocolate, a dash of cinnamon or even some cardamom.
Step by Step Guide
- First things first: brew your favourite coffee.
- Once your coffee is ready, place in a blender such as the Magic Bullet. You can also place it in a container to use an immersion blender. Be careful here, because it’s hot!
- Add butter, coconut oil, and CBD oil to the brewed coffee. If you’ve decided on a sweetener, chocolate, or cardamom now’s the time to add that too.
- Blend your coffee mixture for 15-20 seconds. It will foam up a little.
- If you choose, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top for a little extra flavour.
- Pour yourself a warm cup and enjoy!
Add it to Your Instant Coffee
- Instant coffee
- Boiling water
- Milk or creamer
- 7CBD Health Oil
- Sugar / sweetener (optional)
Step by Step Guide
- Boil the kettle (a must)
- Spoon the coffee to your mug
- Add your desired amount of milk/creamer
- Add 2/3 drops of 7CBD oil
- Mix with a spoon
- Add water and continue mixing
- Add sugar/sweetener if needed
Be sure to let us know if you have tried these methods of combining CBD and Coffee!